I released a small update which fixes an out of memory error and bad device responsiveness when downloading episodes from a podcast wihtout coverart.
Archive for February, 2014
Version 1.1 has passed the beta phase. Though the version number indicates a smaller update, indeed this is a big one. It’s main purpose is to implement the new workflow as described in the related blog post.
In short: For each episode a “New”-state is now tracked. New episodes are shown with bold font like in an e-mail client. New episodes appear in the “New”-section and — if you want — also everywhere in your library where they naturally belong to. The old “Inbox”-section has been removed.
Further on uPod can now add new episodes automatically to the end of your playlist if you wish it to — this is possible either for all new episodes or you can configure this on a per-subscription basis.
As a bigger visual change you may notice, that uPod now uses a new font for episode and podcast titles on Jelly Bean and above. This condensed font is much smaller and provides better readability for the titles and doesn’t occupy as much space as before.
But the new version also brings a lot more. Here is the full list of changes:
- Startup configuration wizard
- Replaced inbox with “new episode” mechanism
- Global/subscription setting to automatically add episodes to the playlist
- Global/subscription setting to automatically mark episodes as read (not-new)
- Mark finished/unfinished action
- Notification for new episodes
- Condensed font for episode and podcast titles for better readability
- show podcast title overlay in tiny podcast grid view for podcasts whithout coverart
- loading not locally available coverart dynamically from the web
- Tap and hold an action icon for more info
- option to select SD card as storage on Android KitKat and above
confirmation dialog for changing storage
Bug Fixes ∞
- fix too long file name issue for episode downloads
- follow even cross protocol (HTTP -> HTTPS) redirects on download
- pause downloads when storage isn’t available and resume when it’s back
- pause downloads when connection is gone instead of marking whole queue as failed
fixed white background flash when entering show notes view
Other Changes ∞
Reduced free listening contingent to two hours per month (http://upod.mobi/feature/decreasing-free-playback-contingent)