At first I wish all of you a happy new year 2014. If you are lazy and don’t know what to do with this day I have good news for you: uPod has been released and is now available at Google play! Have fun!
For all of you who are impatiently waiting to try out uPod and who are willing to take a risk, I have good news: The first beta version of uPod is available right now. Before I tell you how to get it, here’s the obligatory disclaimer:
- The available version is the first one used by someone else but me. So you should expect it to be slow as hell, crash in every possible situation and destroy your data.
- This first beta version is available for free, but uPod is a commercial app and so a paid license will be necessary in the near future, so please don’t be surprised.
- If uPod crashes on your device, please send a crash report.
- If you encounter bugs, please report them using the support site.
- If you would like to see a special feature please report it/vote for it using the support site.
I develop uPod in my free time, so please don’t expect an immediate response to your problems.
Here are the features available in this first beta version:
- audio podcast playback
- automatic, resumable downloads
- drag-and-drop playlist
- coverart centric user interface
- sync of subscriptions, playlist and playback positions between all devices
- effective inbox workflow for assorting new episodes
- support for bluetooth headsets and headset controls
- managing podcast subscriptions
- import of subscription lists from OPML files
- responsive layout (looking nice on phone and tablet in portrait and landscape mode)
Here is what’s missing but planned for the (far) future:
- video playback
- variable audio playback speed
- discover new podcasts
- OPML export
- dark theme
If you are still interested then follow these instructions to access the beta version:
- become a member of the uPod Beta Testers Community at Google+
- accept the community’s rules
- follow uPod’s Google play! link provided in the community to install the beta version
- Have fun!